WHR recognizes the important role of law and justice to accomplish any social reforms, and thus has successfully changed many discriminatory laws against single women in Nepal over the years :
- The deceased husband’s property no longer needs to be returned after marriage.
- Selling or changing property ownership does not require the consent of adult sons and unmarried daughters.
- Single women no longer need to wait till the age of 35 years to inherit property.
- Single women do not have to remain in the chastity of their deceased husband to inherit property.
- Single women no longer need to take consent of male family member to obtain a passport.
- Protest against the government budgetary policy on providing NRs. 50,000 to the widow and the man who marries her, and amended the policy.